Bitcoin’s price fell on Sunday, losing more than 6% in the last 24 hours, but a host of other coins, on the other hand, have seen significant gains. Cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin cash, ethereum and monero have all gone up in value while bitcoin is down.
- Bitcoin (BTC) dropped to a low of $ 37,194 on Sunday, January 10, 2021, after hitting its all-time high a day and a half earlier. Currently, BTC is down more than 6.4% and is trading at $ 38,239 per unit during Sunday afternoon (EST) trading sessions.
- Saturdays and Sundays BTC consolidated, ethereum (ETH) jumped to a 2021 highest price of $ 1,340 per coin. ETH is still up more than 4% today, trading for $ 1,285 per token on Sunday.
- Another cryptocurrency that has seen significant gains this weekend is bitcoin cash (BCH) which is up 14% today. However, yesterday BCH was up more than 30% and was trading near a 2021 high of $ 625 per unit. Bitcoin cash (BCH) currently trades at $ 612 per coin and has a market capitalization of approximately $ 11.2 billion.
- Litecoin (LTC) also performed very well on Saturday, peaking at $ 185 per unit and trading today for $ 170 LTC. The crypto asset LTC is down just 1% in the last 24 hours and has a market cap of about $ 11.3 billion on Sunday.
- Another strong runner this weekend in terms of wins are the moneros (XMR) market valuation. XMR jumped to $ 174 per coin and crypto asset is still up more than 18% on Sunday. Data from markets.Bitcoin.com shows that Monero’s total market valuation is only $ 3 billion today.
- The top five winners on Sunday are up between 40% and 91% and include coins such as stakenet, bitcoin diamond, ethereum classic, ultrain and horizen. The biggest losers on Sunday include appcoins, nexus, navcoin, everex and golem as assets have lost between -19% to -30% today.
- After the BTC the highest ever price recently pushed the Bitcoin Dominance Index (FDI) to 70%, the recent spikes of other currencies have pushed FDI to 68%.
- At the time of publication, the entire crypto market economy is still valued at over $ 1.03 trillion. Total market capitalization is still up more than 7% despite the losses BTC taken in the past 24 hours.
Check out the latest cryptocurrency price promotions in real time at markets.Bitcoin.com.
What do you think about the coins that have risen significantly while bitcoin prices have fallen? Let us know what you think about this topic in the comments below.
Image Credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons